Hardening Security of WordPress Websites
Hardening security of WordPress website is easy, there are many ways to harden WordPress and keep hackers out of your website or blog. Hackers also take advantage of WordPress websites; it is easy to implement malicious activity as WordPress is easy to hack. Website protection aims to reduce risk. To harden and defend the website from attacks, hardening your WordPress website is a continuous process that needs regular evaluation this will improve your protection regularly.
To harden your WordPress security, keep your site safe, you must boost your WordPress Security so that you do not lose your hard work. In this article, you learn how to harden your WordPress website and how to fix issues and avoid popular WordPress security problems.
Steps follow to fully harden security of your WordPress websites from hackers-
- First thing you have to do is go to your WordPress website and Delete all themes and plugins that you are not using.
- Update your themes and plugins whenever an update will show in your Dashboard.
- Administrator login; wp-admin usernames should be unique, do not use root, admin, password, WordPress, administrator and, Webmaster, etc.
- For Administrator passwords of WordPress always use a combination of upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters Example: “SEC*24#urItY-WoRDpr(eSS)” and reset your password regularly.
- Administrator login: Use the WP Admin Graphic Password plugin to give an extra layer of brute force protection.
- Set your WordPress website to limit login attempts.
- Set your WordPress website to automatically update itself or you can do it manually.
- Install and configure the Wordfence plugin. Wordfence Security is 100% free and open-source security software, this is one of the best and most popular security plugins which is supported by a large team.
- Install and configure iThemes plugin – this will protect your WordPress site over more than 30+ ways, iThemes Security plugins prevent your site from brute force attacks, scans your site for vulnerabilities, and enforces strong passwords, etc.
Importantly – We recommend you install both the security plugin Wordfence and iThemes together, it will not conflict with each other.
If you consider security for WordPress, always remember to have several safety levels and regular maintenance tasks as you keep a secure website. Nothing can protect you from any hacker assault, malware, exploits or anything else. While WordPress excellent safety plugins provide numerous secure layers, your website protection also rely on your server/hosting and certain technical specifications. Do not hesitates to hire professionals who can harden WordPress security and take your WordPress website with backups, firewalls, and other security measures.
We hope this article has given you a solid basis in your WordPress security knowledge as well as precise instructions on how to set up a new safe WordPress website and what you need to do to keep it running.
For many of you, your WordPress site serves as both a company and a source of money, therefore it’s critical that you take the time to adopt some of the security best practices listed above as quickly as possible.
Do you have any harden WordPress security recommendations that we didn’t cover? Please suggest us in the comment section.